Health Benefits For All the Family
Aside from being a place to have fun and relax, regular use of a hot tub can have health benefits for all your family. Here are a few to think about:
- Stress Relief. As a parent, your life is pretty stressful, making sure the kids are provided for and raised well, but it’s stressful for them too. The pressures of keeping grades up and maintaining good relationships with their peers can be extremely stressful, and a soak in the hot tub with the soothing effects of the hot water and the gentle massage of the jets can be a huge help.
- Muscle Relaxation. Warm water is an excellent way to relax the muscles, a benefit that you and your active kids can get the most from.
- Improved sleep. Most Americans don’t get enough quality sleep these days, and that’s especially true for teens who get distracted by their devices. Relaxing in the hot tub and heating the body can be an ideal way to prepare the whole family for a good night’s sleep.
- Pain relief. Kids are always getting into scrapes, especially if they’re sporty types, and as a parent, you may be feeling a few more aches and pains than when you were younger. Hot tubs are great for pain relief and can help reduce inflammation and stiffness in your joints.
- Cardiovascular health. Immersion in hot water can reduce blood pressure and improve cardiovascular health, especially in those unable to exercise much.
Establish Better Routines
With all of these fantastic health benefits, it’s surely a great idea to get the most out of them every day. So, why not establish a routine every evening where you relax together as a family? Even at the dinner table, there’s often the distraction of smartphones and other devices distracting everyone and not allowing your family to bond. Half an hour in the hot tub gives you and your family the chance to discuss the events of the day and check in on each other.
To ensure it doesn’t just become an uncomfortable routine where no one has much to say, prepare some ice-breakers in advance; if the kids have an important test or sporting event, make sure you ask about it. “How was your day” is too generic and can appear as if you’re going through the motions. If something important is going in in your work life, let the family know. Once you appear committed to using this time to sincerely take interest in your family’s lives, everyone else will follow suit. But it doesn’t have to be all serious; there are plenty of water-friendly games you can play in the hot tub, with waterproof games and even playing cards.
A Break For the Family
Sometimes the family routines can become stale and it feels like you’re not really connecting. If your vacation seems a long way off, you can use your hot tub as a place to rest from the stress of work, school and chores. It’s also a great way of getting outside during Long Island’s chilly winter months. And you don’t have to limit it to your evening routine either — why not arrange a hot tub party afternoon at the weekend when the kids can invite a couple of friends around? The kids will love you for it, and you can always use it as an excuse to light the barbecue too!
So if your Long Island, NY family has some space in the backyard and a hole in your routine, why not get in touch today for a free estimate for your new custom-made hot tub?
Photo by OakleyOriginals on Flickr